
So far this semester has gone pretty well. My work is progressing well. I think my biggest challenge that I have been working on has been getting comfortable with feeling good about painting again. I had previously took painting 1 a few years ago who dissuaded me from painting for a long time. It helps to have such a lovely open environment to experiment and play with ways I had previously thought were a rich part of my painting experience. I believe I am happiest with my selp portrait with 7 random colors where I worked on it for an hour and a half. I believe it is very lively and full of a strength of color I have never attempted before. I think I was least satisfied so far with the random color project as a homework. I think I had less problems with it the more I looked at it and the patterns in the painting pulled things together. Otherwise it was quite a challenge to create shape and value with the different colors to create the architecture of the objects in the painting. My strengths are realistic color. I feel when I am observing from real life and I use color next to other color. My objects were more and more developed when I compare color next to other color. Next semester I hope to continue to develop my personal process and create more works that generate more comfortableness with my process so that I feel I can generate more ideas through my painting process/ style. I never thought I could develop my painting skills to the point of expressing Ideas through the work. I hope that next semester brings more finesse.
No comments:
Post a Comment