I like that Giacometti was and existentialist. In his later works he tried to represent the figure in three dimensional space as much as humanly possible. I enjoy the idea of thinking about how to do this by constantly scrutinizing, looking, and correcting constantly.
Toulous Lautrec
The things I find interesting about Talous Lautrec is that he was a pop culture extraordinaire. He made people famous with his work. His posters promoted great popular dancers/ singers of their time. I like his drink preference. Half Absinth half Brandy. Even though it probably killed him, along with syphilis. The things I really liked about his work was his almost voyeuristic points of view towards his subjects.
Egon Shiele
I love how erotic Egon Shiele's work is. Even though he was apparently a very creepy pervert. He apparently liked kids or youth. This of which he was arrested for. Died at 28. Wow that is young.








No comments:
Post a Comment