The Latino Male
El Macho
Illegal, Undocumented
Cheap Labor
Deported
Querido Papa, Dear
Dad
I love you a lot. Why
did you teach me to fight so well?
Hablarme de tus experiencias Dificiles.
Tell me about your difficult times.
Decirme sobre tu soledad. Tell me
about your loneliness now or ever.
Sufriste igual de qual que persona de la dictadura, pero era una tortura
menos fisico y mas sutîl. You may have
suffered as much as anyone during the dictatorship, maybe less physical torture
in a more subtle way, in the mind. Vivimos a lado del aeropuerto toda mi vida . We lived next to the airport my whole
life. Seria posible que mi padre queria
nunca olvidarse la manera de volver a su pais.
It’s possible that my dad never
wanted to forget the way to get back to his country. Pero eligió un aeropuerto nacional. Así nunca podiamos escaparnos facilmente y
volver, si teniamos ganas apasionadas escapar nuestra realidad aqui. But he chose to live next to the national
airport. This way we could never escape easily and return if we had an impassioned
moment of wanting or yearning to escape our reality here.
I don’t always know how to be happy and receive paz. In fact I know more how to toss and turn and
reel in the pain of it all.
Sublimandolo. Sometimes I don’t
feel that I survive. Sometimes I just
want to drown in it all. I think that’s
why today and yesterday it’s been nothing but sandwiches with meat on them and
milanesas and torta de ricotta and masitas and liquors de butia. I want to vomit out the world maybe it will
be filled with the salt water of the oceans to purify it and teach us
differently. Wondering when the next
moment will be when my body reacts as if to poison. A echarlos violently.
No comments:
Post a Comment